Looking for the Best binoculars for moon watching? Read on!
The market has many binoculars if you are looking for a Moon watching, astronomical or terrestrial binoculars. Choosing one for moon gazing requires you to consider a number of things including a large objective lens, weatherproof, High-quality optics, tripod adaptability, comfort, durability, stability, and a comprehensive package with a case, lens cover, cleaning cloth, and neck strap.
With that said here are the best binoculars for moon watching.
Best Binoculars for Moon Watching-Our Top Picks
1) Celestron-SkyMaster 20x80mm Porro Binocular
Celestron -SkyMaster 20X80 Astro Binoculars are one of the best binoculars for moon watching, the huge 80mm objective lenses, work best for moon watchers and astronomy binoculars. The tripod adapter adds to the convenience of sky-watching.
You get bright and sharp images with bak-4 prisms which deliver excellent light transmission capabilities. These are also very durable binoculars. The body is rugged and armored for firm grips and protection for long life. Water resistance makes it possible to use binoculars in all weather conditions.
- Multicoated optics
- 80mm objective lens
- 20x magniﬁcation
- 3.7 degrees field of view
- 195 feet field of view @ 1000yds
- -4 to +8 diopter range
- 108 close focus distance
- 18 mm eye relief
- Folding Eyecup
- Bright sharp images
- Tripod adapter
- BaK-4 prisms
- Water-resistant and robust
- Eyeglass Friendly
- Soft rubber eyecups for comfortability
- Include an objective lens cap, rain guard, neck strap, sumptuous carrying case, and instruction manual
2) Gosky 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars
Apart from moon-watching and stargazing, these binoculars can also be used for watching concerts, football games, climbing, hiking, wildlife, and scenery. Durability and weather resistance are enhanced by the fact that these binoculars are waterproof and fog proof thanks to the o-ring seals which prevent moisture, debris, and dust.
The twist-up eyecups and long eye relief make them great for eyeglass wearers. The lightweight and elegant design makes them easy to pack. They also feature shock-absorbing rubber armor for maximum protection to withstand rough terrain.
- Multicoated lenses
- Durable and shockproof construction
- Waterproof and fog proof
- 10X power magnification
- 307ft/1000yds wide field of view
- BAK 4 Prism
- Lightweight and robust
- Trail tough to withstand harsh terrain
- Tripod compatible
- Center focus
- Porro Prism
3) Orion 20×80 Astronomy Binoculars
Orion 20×80 Astronomy Binoculars bring to the table exceptional sharpness and contrast for bright views. These binoculars feature a large
80mm objective lenses for optimum lighting for bright views making it one of the best binoculars for moon watching. With the integrated heavy-duty tripod adapter, you get to use the binocular for an extended period comfortably.
- Large optical diameter of 80mm
- 20x magnification
- 3.2° angular field of view
- Linear field of view 168.0 ft./1000 yd
- 17 mm Eye relief
- 4 mm Exit pupil
- BAK-4 Porro prism
- 56mm – 72mm interpupillary distance range
- Center focus
- Tripod adaptable
- Includes a soft carrying case, objective, and eyepiece dust caps, and neck strap
- Fully multi-coated optics
4) Celestron 20×80 SkyMaster Pro High Power Astronomy Binoculars
The large 80 mm objective lenses offer optimal image brightness even in dim conditions. All air-to-glass surfaces are multi-coated with XLT coating technology resulting in outstanding views of the image and with Bak 4 prisms, these binoculars deliver remarkable resolution, unlike ordinary binoculars.
Made with durability in mind, the binoculars have a robust yet exquisite design that offers tough protection and a professional and premium quality look that you will absolutely love. The eyecups are comfortable to use and can be folded down for users with eyeglasses. Better yet, they have an in-built tripod adapter.
Their lightweight design makes them easy to pack and carry. They are also waterproof so that you have peace of mind even when caught up in the rain or bad weather. Their 20x magnification makes them suitable for detailed moon watching.
- Lightweight yet durable make
- Huge 80mm objective lenses
- 20x magnification
- Porro prism
- Center Focus
- BAK4 prism
- 40 Twilight Factor
- 56 – 72 mm Interpupillary Distance
- 65.6 ft Close Focus
- 15.5 mm eye relief
- 4 mm exit pupil
- Field of View, Linear: 168 ft at 1000 yds, Angle:3.2 degrees
- Rubber armor
- Multi and XLT coatings
- Comfortable Eyecups
- In-built tripod adapter
- Perfect for dusk, dawn, and astronomical viewing at night
5) ESSLNB 13-39X70 Astronomy Binoculars
These ESSLNB Astronomy Binoculars are affordable binoculars and still deliver exceptional performance. Their 70mm objective lenses and potent 13X-39X zoom magnification make them perfect for astronomy and long-range terrestrial viewing even in dim conditions. This zoom magnification comes in handy and is easy to change with the fingertip zoom control knob.
These binoculars have fully multi-coated optics that ensure optimal light transmission for high-resolution images. This reduces the loss of light caused by reflection thus producing a view that is more natural and clearer. The FMC prism also contributes greatly to this.
The eyepieces with the eyecup elude stray light and provide a wide field of view so that you view the beautiful world closer. They have a built-in adapter making viewing hands-free and convenient. The binoculars are perfect for sports, sightseeing, bird watching, and astronomy.
- Long eye relief
- 13X-39X magnification
- Fully multicoated Optics
- Easy focusing
- Tripod compatible
- Central Focus Knob
- Wide-angle Lens
- Large 70mm objective lens
- 288ft field of view at 1000 yards
- 6 Best 20×80 Binoculars
- 7 Best Family Telescopes
- 6 Best 70mm Binoculars
- Best Telescopes for Viewing Planets and Galaxies for Beginners
Factors to Consider Choosing the Best Binoculars for Moon Watching
- Waterproofing– A waterproof, shockproof, fog proof binocular is the best choice. Ensure that your binoculars are waterproof and fog proof to keep the objective lenses and prisms protected from moisture. Ensure that the casing snugly conceals all the components. Opt for a unit that is nitrogen purged to absorb all moisture from the internals eliminating lens fogging.
- Exit pupil-Large Exit pupils provide access to larger and clearer images. Your binoculars express the size of the exit pupils in millimeters. The higher the number, the larger the exit pupils and the clearer the image.
- Eyepiece-The eyecup should be soft and built of a dense yet soft rubber material. They should be comfortable on your face as you will look through them for a long period of time. You should be able to swap out the cups for larger ones. This helps ensure that eyeglass wearers properly see through the binoculars as well. Folding eyecups are more comfortable even for eyeglass wearers.
- Magnification-Binoculars with higher magnification are the best for long-range and dim conditions. The magnification tells you how far the binoculars magnify the object in the viewfinder. For example, the first number of 20×50 means the binoculars have a maximum magnification of 20. The higher the magnification the bigger the field of view.
- Price-Binoculars for moon watching come in a wide range of prices. You do not have to break the bank to own one as there are good-quality binoculars for those on a budget. There are also ones for those who want to splurge. Ultimately, do not compromise quality for low costs.
Why We Chose the Above Binoculars
- Coated optics and Bak-4 prisms-This ensure maximum transmission of light for brighter and clearer images.
- Durable construction-They have a sturdy and robust construction which makes them last longer.
- Easy to use- There is no sophisticated procedure when it comes to using these units. Focusing is also pretty easy.
- Waterproof and fog proof-These make them ideal to use in all weather conditions.
We hope this guide will be of great help in your Moon-watching binoculars search. The above-reviewed products are not only quality but also weatherproof and exceptionally good.